Mobile Marketing: Instant Customers on Demand
Business is moving at the speed of mobile. With 87% of the population using mobile devices, if you’re not engaged in mobile marketing, you’re losing out to your competition.
Today’s customers are on the go.
They are spending less time in front of a TV or listening to the radio. And forget reading the newspaper. Desktop and laptop computer usage is also declining. So how do you reach them? Go mobile!
Use of smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices is exploding as consumers call, email, text, search and shop from their mobile devices. According to Experian:
- 87% of the population in North America have mobile phones
- Mobile is the #1 most used technology device (more than PCs!)
- 25% of all U.S. households have ditched their land lines, and gone totally mobile (and that number is growing every day)
- When it comes to search, people are using their mobile devices 5x more than their computers to search for businesses like yours.
The message is clear: You can’t afford to ignore mobile marketing.
So, what is mobile marketing?
The Mobile Marketing Association describes mobile marketing as: “A set of practices that enables organizations to communicate and engage their audience in an interactive and relevant manner through any mobile device or network.”
One of the big opportunities with mobile is the ability to leverage location-based marketing. Virtually nonexistent just a few years ago, location-based marketing is projected to grow to a $6 billion industry by 2015.
The reason for this rapid growth? Location-based marketing works! According to Borrell Associates, some restaurants are seeing 65 percent redemption rates from real-time geo-targeted ads. These are ads that are displayed to mobile users at the time they are in the area of a local business.
In addition to opening up location-based opportunities, mobile marketing can also:
- Increase customer loyalty
- Generate more revenue per customer
- Increase brand awareness
- Boost website traffic
- Boost retail traffic
While it may not be rocket science, if you’re just starting out, mobile marketing can be confusing. That’s why we developed a free orientation to help you learn what you need to know to launch your own successful mobile marketing campaign. For example:
- The 4 types of mobile marketing.
- Getting started with mobile search engine optimization (SEO).
- The key elements you must have on your mobile site.
- How to launch your SMS/test message marketing program.
- Strategies for mobile advertising.
- How to determine if your business needs a mobile app.
- Answers to frequently asked questions about mobile marketing.
- And much more.
Discover how to start and succeed with mobile marketing. Contact us for a no-cost, no-obligation orientation session today.