Who is Managing Your Business Reputation Online?
If you aren’t engaged in a regular program of online reputation management, you could be costing your business sales, as well as eroding your long-term brand equity.
What are people saying about your business online?
Remember the suggestion box? Many businesses used to have a box that allowed customers to drop in a 3 x 5 card with a written suggestion — or often a complaint.
The modern version of that suggestion box exists online and here’s the big difference — everyone can now see the complaint and they can add their opinions to what people are saying about your business.
Is your business getting blasted online without you even knowing it?
A negative online comment or review, if it hasn’t happened to your business yet, it will.
We live in the age of customer-driven ratings and rankings. From a simple “like” to a thumbs up or thumbs down or even a star-ranking system, web destinations like Yelp and Google Places give consumers the power to share good experiences and blast you for bad ones.
But does it really matter what the customer says? It certainly does, especially to your bottom line.
In fact, according to a 2011 study by the Harvard Business Review, a difference of one star in an average rating led to a difference in revenue of 5 to 9 percent.
And worse than the review itself is that the people who read these negative comments find them highly credible. Econsultancy reported that 90% of consumers trust online opinions from people they know and a stunning 70% trust opinions of users they’ve never met.
As you can see, these customer driven rankings and comments are nothing to be ignored or taken lightly.
That’s why Online Reputation Management (ORM) has emerged as the new discipline in public relations and consumer engagement.
Who needs online reputation management?
Virtually any business or organization can benefit from a dedicated ORM program, including:
- Retailers, restaurants and hotels
- Lawyers, accountants and other professional services
- Physicians, dentists and other healthcare providers
- Celebrities, athletes and politicians
- Anyone who needs help improving their online reputation
Companies and individuals who invest in Online Reputation Management understand that while it takes a lifetime to build a strong reputation, that same reputation can be lost in just a few seconds.
Now you can learn what you and your company can do to protect and strengthen your online reputation by requesting a free consultation from us. During this orientation session you’ll learn about:
- The 3 elements of a successful online reputation management program.
- Free tools that allow you to effectively monitor and manage your online reputation.
- How to respond to negative reviews and comments and how to encourage positive ones.
- Online listings you probably aren’t aware of that you need to claim and manage to protect and strengthen your brand.
- Case studies of companies and organizations that are doing online reputation management right and what you can learn from them.
- And much more.
Don’t leave the health of your brand to hope and chance. Start taking charge of your online reputation today. To learn more contact us for a free consultation.