How Strategic Web Design Can Grow Your Business
Just because you have a website, it doesn’t mean you’re all set for serving customers online. Effective web design is critical to your company’s online success.
Remember when you launched your business website? You probably felt a great sense of accomplishment. Finally, your business is online. But when was the last time you took a hard look at your current web design?
Websites have become an integral part of small business branding and marketing. But the Internet, your customers’ needs and the competitive landscape change virtually every day. If your website has not kept up, you may be presenting your business in a stale way that’s not engaging to your customers.
If that’s the case, it’s time to redesign your website.
A thoughtful web design will help make sure your site is relevant, usable and accessible for the widest number of your potentail customers. Web design will also take into consideration:
- Optimizing your website for the search engines.
- Load time (how fast your site appears when someone clicks on the link or types in the address).
- The use of visuals (for example, not overrelying on Flash elements).
- How to decrease or eliminate the use of file types like PDFs that can affect engagement and usability.
This may sound like a lot to think about, but website redesign doesn’t have to be a major undertaking. Small changes, like color, type and the design and placement of call to action links or buttons can have a major positive impact. And since many small businesses neglect their websites, paying attention to your web design may provide you with a significant competitive advantage.
We have develped a free orientation to help you successfully launch and complete your web design project. Topics covered in the orientation session include:
- Best practices for web design typography.
- How to make sure your site’s navigation is effective and user-friendly.
- Keys to using photography on your site.
- Basics of copywriting for the web.
- The importance of writing a clear benefit-focused headline for your home page.
- How to write a solid call to action (CTA).
- Links you must include on your website.
- What makes an effective “about us” page.
- And much more.
Whether you’re looking to refresh your current web design or successfully launch a new site, our free consultation can get you on track to growing your sales and advancing your brand online.
Contact us today to schedule your no-cost, no-obligation web design consultation.